Europe begins to end the Lockdown
What about the Human Rights of Migrant and Refugee Peoples?
Communique from the Mobilisation working group of the 45th session Permanent Peoples Tribunal on the Violations of the Human Rights of Migrant and Refugee Peoples Violations of Human Rights of Migrant and Refugee Peoples
May 14, 2020
The crisis of the coronavirus has left thousands dead in Europe, but it has also seen the birth of new solidarities, from below, between and towards the most discriminated, those “no-bodies” who in all countries have emerged to confront the most serious challenge to humanity in many years. We have also seen that States can, when they choose, invest millions of euros to save corporations, jobs and human lives. We call on EU governments, to end their bi-lateral agreements on externalisation of borders (with Libya, Turkey, Morocco) where push-backs are resulting in detentions in dire conditions in camps in these third countries and to also stop its investment in military equipment. Instead, it is urgently needed that the EU and its member states resume responsibility to save lives and ensure the exercise of human rights to all migrant and refugee people.
Call for Solidarity to make noise on Social Media
Propuestas para una campana en los medios sociales
Propositions pour une campagne sur les médias sociaux
It is urgently needed that the EU and its member states resume responsibility to save lives and ensure the exercise of human rights to all migrant and refugee people. We cannot continue to deny the rights of those millions of people who make up the migrant and refugee communities and peoples.
WHEN: Thursday May 21, 28, 2020 – a joint launch at 12.00 pm CET
CUÁNDO: jueves 21 de mayo de 2020: lanzamiento conjunto a las 12.00 pm CET y otra vez, jueves 28, de mayo de 2020.
QUAND: jeudi 21 mai 2020 – lancement conjoint à 12h00 CET et aussi jeudi 28 mai à 12h00 CET
- Send Communique to the national level Government authorities and to Parliamentary Committees – Migration & Asylum and Human Rights as well as to the City level Authorities. This is to be initiated by the participating organisations.
ESP: Llevar a cabo una acción intensiva de medios sociales que apoyen el mensaje y las demandas del Comunicado – podemos utilizar los hashtags y los twitter handles abajo
FR: Faisons une campagne intensive dans les médias sociaux pour soutenir le message et les demandes du Communique et utilisez les hashtgs et les poignées twitter ci-dessous
- Include Following # in your tweets/Hasthags à inclure/Hasthags a incluir: #PeoplesVSBorders, #PeoplesVSWalls, #RegularizationNow, #PapersForAll
- Possible Messages on Twitter or Facebook
Migrant & refugee peoples are working in key sectors such as agriculture or care, most often without any protection nor recognition of their #rights #PapersForAll @vonderleyen @eucopresident @EP_President https://bit.ly/migrantrightshumanrights
#Regularization measures done so far in the #EU only ensure labour in key sectors of economy without ensuring the protection of people’s human rights #PeoplesvsBorders @vonderleyen @eucopresident @EP_President https://bit.ly/migrantrightshumanrights
A generalised and comprehensive #RegularizationNow of all migrant and refugee peoples in the EU is essential and urgent so that they can finally exercise their labour, social and health rights properly, for their own benefit and that of society as a whole @vonderleyen @eucopresident @EP_President https://bit.ly/migrantrightshumanrights
We call on #EU governments, to end their bi-lateral agreements on externalisation of borders (with Libya, Turkey, Morocco, etc.) where pushbacks lead to arbitrary arrests, indiscriminate repression and slavery conditions in camps. @vonderleyen @eucopresident @EP_President https://bit.ly/migrantrightshumanrights
Health measures in the #EU are being used to violate HHRR of migrants & refugees, who are stranded, locked in a limbo where they cannot circulate, return to their origin countries or meet their families #PeoplesvsBorders @vonderleyen @eucopresident @EP_President @JanezLenarcic
Current #EU prohibition of #SearchAndRescue & disembarkation of migrants and refugees stranded in the #Mediterranean is a Crime against humanity #[email protected] @eucopresident @EP_President @JFLopezAguilar https://bit.ly/migrantrightshumanrights
Current #EU prohibition of #SearchAndRescue & disembarkation of migrants and refugee peoples stranded in the #Mediterranean is a Crime against humanity #PeoplesvsBorders @MBachelet @UN_SPExperts @FilippoGrandi https://bit.ly/migrantrightshumanrights
We demand the #EU and member states to stop its investments in military equipment and urgently resume responsibility to save lives and ensure the exercise of human rights for all migrant and refugee [email protected] @eucopresident @EP_President
USE the following picture/Image à utiliser/Imagen a usar:
TARGET SOCIAL MEDIA ACTION
- President European Commission: Von der Leyen: @vonderleyen https://twitter.com/vonderleyen
- President European Council, Charles Michel @eucopresident
- President European Parliament, David Sassoli @EP_President
- EC Commissioner-Migration & Asylum/Home Affairs:@YlvaJohansson https://twitter.com/YlvaJohansson
- EC Commissioner-European Way of Life: @MargSchinas https://twitter.com/MargSchinas
- EC Commissioner on Crisis Management. @JanezLenarcic ( https://twitter.com/JanezLenarcic)
- General European Commission: @EU_Commission https://twitter.com/EU_Commission
- UN High Commission @MBachelet
- Special Rapporteur on Migrant Rights @UN_SPExperts
- General @Refugees https://twitter.com/Refugees
- Commissioner: @FilippoGrandi https://twitter.com/FilippoGrandi