SUPPORT our Call for a Permanent Peoples’ Tribunal on
Violations with Impunity of the Human Rights of Migrant and Refugee Peoples in London
Click here for Sign-On
HOW YOU CAN SUPPORT THE PPT
A BRIEF GUIDE
There are several ways that your organisation can help. You can either join us a Co-Convenor, or you can help us in small but important ways by becoming a supporting organisation.
What does the Co-Convenors Working Group do?
There are already 17 co-convenor organisations on the working group. They are helping to prepare the London hearing through raising funds, preparing leaflets, organising the preparatory work (translation, interpretation, and logistics) and attending regular meetings and participating in sub-committees.
What does a supporting organisation do?
By adding your name as a supporting organisation, you register your public support for the aims of the Tribunal. That’s enough and you don’t have to do more unless you want to.
Here are some other things you could do as a supporting organisation.
- Circulate the call to all your members and encourage them to sign up as supporting members
- Follow us on Face book and Twitter (@PPT_UK_Hearing)
- Make a donation. We need £35,000 to cover the costs of the Tribunal.
- Invite a member of the Co-convenors working group to your workplace to explain the PPT
- Encourage your organisation to submit evidence for the Tribunal by the deadline of October 5th. (Details of how to format and submit your evidence can be found on our website)
- Organise a safe space for a hearing at your workplace/community centre. We particularly welcome first-hand testimony for migrants and refugees themselves, though we recognise that can be difficult. At the hearing, we will be listening to evidence about the treatment of migrants and refugees in: hotel and catering industry; health and social care; care and domestic work; rural and agrarian work; construction; seafares and oil-rig workers. But we will also have a strand on Self-Employment and Destitution as well as work in detention.
Above all, join us on the 3rd and 4th November. This is a public opinion tribunal and the process belongs to you!
For more information please e-mail us at email@example.com
In solidarity for the rights of migrants and refugees!
We look forward to hearing from you.