Please sign on to the Call for the launch of the Permanent Peoples Tribunal (PPT) Session on the Violations with Impunity of the Human Rights of Migrant and Refugee Peoples.
Before the launching of the Permanent Peoples Tribunal (PPT) it is very important that the Call is widely endorsed. We aim to gather many endorsements which will also be submitted to the PPT. Your endorsement of the Call will be highly appreciated.
Click at the following link for endorsement in French, Spanish, Catalan, Basque, Italian and English
List of Endorsements
Objective of the PPT Session
The objective of this process and Session of the PPT is to identify and judge the “chain” of co-responsibility in the entire migration and refugee journey that involves the systematic and widespread violation of human rights that demand urgent action and access to justice. This is a process that we seek to build from below, with the people most involved and most directly affected – from the migrant and refugee self-organisations.
The co-convening organizations, Transnational Migrant Platform Europe (TMP-E), Filipino Center-Barcelona, ACATHII-Barcelona, Transnational Institute (TNI), have met together with several organisations in Barcelona in December 2016 and in March 2017 to prepare the initial steps towards the PPT. From these meetings it was agreed to formally request the PPT to hold a Session on the EU Border regime and the violations of the rights of migrant and refugee peoples.
The Permanent Peoples Tribunal have accepted the Petition and the launch of the PPT will be held in Barcelona July 7-8, 2017. The first Hearing of the PPT will be in December (2017) and a second Hearing in 2018.
The preparation of the PPT is open to migrant and refugee organizations; and also to the networks and platforms that support the work of denouncing the violations of human and peoples rights that take place at the multiple borders of Europe and through the entire migratory journey.
- July 7-8, 2017 Working Session & Public Act – Official Launch of the PPT in Barcelona
- July-November – further developing the process of the PPT and preparation of Cases
- December 2017-Holding first Hearing of the PPT/Barcelona (date to be confirmed)
- Transnational Migrant Platform Europe (TMP-E)
- Platform of Filipino Migrant organisations in Europe (Commission for Filipino Migrant Workers (CFMW), Geneva Forum for Filipino Concerns, Centro Filipino-Barcelona, Kasapi-Hellas)
- MDCD (Morrocan Platform in Europe) ( Euro-Mediterraan Centrum Migratie & Ontwikkeling (EMCEMO), Al Maghreb, CODENAF, IDD, Khamsa, Migration et Developpement, Na’oura)
- Social Development Cooperative-Ghana, Africa Roots Movement, Kromantse Foundation
- RESPECT Network Europe
- ECVC – Coordinadora Europea de Vía Campesina
- Associació Catalana per la integració d’homosexuals, bisexuals i transexuals inmigrants (ACATHI)
- Carovane Migranti
- Comitato Verità e Giustizia per i Nuovi Desaparecidos
- Espacio del Inmigrante
- Institut de Drets Humans de Catalunya
- Mujeres Pa’lante
- Observatorio de Multinacionales en América Latina (OMAL)
- Sindicato Popular de vendedores ambulantes
- Stop Mare Mortum
- SOS Rosarno
- Tanquem els CIEs Barcelona
- Transnational Institute (TNI)
- Tras la Manta
- Unitat contra el feixisme i el racisme (UCFR)
Thanking you and in solidarity,
Jille Belisario (TMP-E), Jezabel Goudinoff (PPT Barcelona)
For more information please contact us(PPT Barcelona coordination group) @ firstname.lastname@example.org